Volunteers are the lifeblood of Zoe Community, providing invaluable support to those facing unplanned pregnancies. Their dedication makes a lasting impact on lives. Each volunteer brings a unique skill set and perspective, enriching the services we offer and making a lasting impact on the lives of those we serve.
By extending a helping hand to those in crisis, you can be a beacon of hope and a source of strength for someone facing difficult decisions. Whether you have a background in counselling, administration, or simply a willingness to lend a listening ear, your contribution matters. Join us as a volunteer to be a beacon of hope for those in need and help empower individuals during their most vulnerable moments.
Together, we can make a transformative difference in their lives. Volunteer with us now and be part of this meaningful journey!
Zoe Community is committed to the highest standards of governance and safeguarding. All our volunteers are Garda vetted and our Board of Directors are responsible for the governance of the organisation.
What is expected of a Zoe Volunteer?
- Complete a Garda-vetting process and attend volunteer training.
- To leave personal feelings and agendas at the door when dealing with guests.
- To listen and respond to women without criticism or directing the conversation.
- To refrain from politically-motivated activity or posting political topics on social media.
- To commit to about 2-4 hours per week. If you are interested in committing to more or less time, that is absolutely doable.
- If you are volunteering for face-to-face practical support, you will be expected to offer windows of time in which you are available and be flexible if guests miss their appointments.
- If you are operating the live chat, you will be expected to follow our guidelines (as you will learn during training) of confidentiality, data protection and timely responses.
What can be expected of Zoe?
- Monthly group mental health supervision. You may be told things by our guests that can be difficult to deal with. You may need to share those experiences with a qualified counsellor to ensure the guest is advised appropriately on a regular basis. Zoe will provide this opportunity for you in group sessions.
- Monthly check-in with our Volunteer Support Coordinator. They need to know how you are feeling, as well. You will be given a person who will connect with you on a monthly basis to help you problem solve or just be a listening ear for your mental health.
- The support of our Guest Support Team. We will only release you to volunteer if you are comfortable and feel well supported. This is a tough job and we are all in it together!
- Links to resources. We want you to be equipped to support women on a practical level. There are resources out there and we are committed to making the process of finding them as smooth as possible.